Farmers’ Rights website – this website’s aim is to be an on-line tool and information resource for practitioners, policy makers and individuals who work, or are interested in this field. The website was launched in May of this year, and is the official website of the Farmers’ Rights Project of the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (FNI).
The information provided is arranged in 7 main categories:
- History – Legal status – Content of farmers’ rights
- State of farmers’ rights
- A legislation and policy database
- Implementing farmers’ rights in your own country
- Best practices
- An overview of literature and organisations working in this area
- Calendar of upcoming events.
For those who aren’t very familiar with farmers’ rights, there is a nice FAQs section that provides you with background information and definitons.
It is a shame that it doesn’t have any RSS feeds that one can subscribe to, however do take the time to browse this website as it has a lot of useful information and provides links to authoritative resources.