An international scientific congress “Climate Change: Global Risks, Challenges and Decisions” is being held at the University of Copenhagen from the 10-12th March.
The purpose of this congress is to gather and compile a summary of existing and emerging scientific research; in order to assist organisations and individuals working in this field to make informed decisions concerning mitigation and adaptation strategies in response to climate change. The outcome of the congress will be summed up in a report to be given to political negotiators as preparation for COP15 in December in Copenhagen where a new global climate agreement is to be negotiated.
There are 6 main themes being addressed at the congress:
1) Exploring the risks: understanding climate change
2) Sharing the burdens and opportunities: equity issues
3) Reducing the risks of climate change: opportunities for mitigation
4) Preparing for impacts: adapting to the inevitable
5) Managing the planet
6) Mobilising the populace: human dimensions of climate change
To see the final programme, click here