Sustainable Utilisation and Conservation of Forests in the Genomics Era is the title of the Conference which will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 7-12 March 2010.
The conference is now open for registration and call for papers. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 September, and deadline for early bird registration is 30 November 2009. Financial support to selected participants from developing countries is available from the conference organizers.
The conference has the following objectives:
- To discuss and evaluate the latest approaches and techniques in forest genetics research and management of forest genetic resources
- To provide a platform for exchange of ideas and information amongst researchers and practitioners in forest genetics, breeding and conservation
- To promote international co-operation and networking amongst practitioners and researchers involved in forest genetics, breeding and conservation
Topics that will be covered by this conference are:
- Conservation of forest genetic resources
- Phylogeny and phylogeography; population structure and conservation; mating systems, gene flow and population variation; genetic pollution and invasive species; propagation technologies
- Sustainable utilisation of forest genetic resources
- Gene expression, markers and QTL mapping; linkage disequilibrium and association mapping; quantitative genetics and breeding; adaptive genetics and climate change; policies and regulations
For more information on the conference, registration and submission of abstracts, please visit the conference website at: http://www.iufrokualalumpur2010.org/
The conference is jointly organized by the IUFRO Working Parties on Population, Ecological and Conservation Genetics  and Genomics , Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia , Forest Research Institute of Malaysia , Universiti Putra Malaysia , and Bioversity International .