The latest edition of the United Nations Standing Committee on Nutrition’s SCN News is available and downloadable from their website. The theme of this issue is: Climate Change: food and nutrition security implications.
This publication looks at the climate change implications on food and nutrition security from different perspectives, topics researched include:
* climate change and undernutrition
* climate change and crop yields
* climate change, nutrition and food security in sub-Saharan Africa and the Asia Pacific region
* effects of climate change on the nutritional quality of food crops
* health co-benefits of climate change mitigation policies
* climate change, indigenous peoples and rainforests
Access the full-text of SCN News no. 38 here.
Adapted from the United Nations Standing Committee on Nutrition website.